Social

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gifts for Aikidoka

With the holidays almost upon us, I always like to take a look around the web at all the interesting gift ideas the internet has to offer. Normally, on a blog about martial arts you'd expect to find a post about, well, swords, weapons, videos or uniforms. But lets face it, if you're a martial artist you probably have enough of that stuff anyway (Noelle tells me that all the time) :)

One item I found that I thought was interesting was the Jensen JiMS 525i digital radio receiver. Since I don't watch TV very much I find myself listening to the same music over and over. I also don't really go for local radio stations due to the abundance of commercials and static. With digital that are tons of channels and the signal is clear (unlike traditional, standard radio).

Also nice, is the ability to use song tagging with a digital radio. Normally when I hear a song on the radio, and I like it, I try to remember what it is. Usually I can't because the next song, well for lack of a better term, overwrites my memory. With song tagging you hit a button and the song is automatically saved to an Ipod! Sounds (no pun intended) great to me.

1 comment:

Pad said...

Thanks Matt
I myself watch little TV normally have my computer on with a selected radio station as back ground noise. Will take a look at these radio,s thou.

Aikipad

 
ss_blog_claim=47e8ae8a68a01a9165039ec8589d7710