Social

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Do you deck out the dojo?

Most of the dojo's I've ever traveled to are fairly plain, spaces. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that at all, dojo are supposed to be a place of practice. Usually the dojo's beauty comes from it's simplicity. A nice touch at my current dojo are the flowers that sometimes scatter the space. Usually one of our dojo members, Dianne, brings in a small flower arrangement. I find, too me, that it really stands out in a fairly simple space.

With the holidays approaching and kyu testing scheduled for Sunday I was thinking about supplying a new flower arrangement for the special occasions. I checked my local flower shops and couldn't find quite what I wanted, then I checked online and found flowers and centerpieces by 1-800 Flowers. Right now they're really pushing their Poinsettia arrangements, which really wont work in the dojo, but would be great in a home setting. If you have a need for any flowers or would like to add a little something to your dojo check them out.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=47e8ae8a68a01a9165039ec8589d7710