Social

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Is Jo similar to using a hoe?

Last night Don sensei had us working on Jo kata. We practiced katas one, two and three for most of the class. During kata number three, I was reminded or visualized the dropping block as something similar to the movements you'd perform while using a hoe! Rather than attacking my partners jo, I instead dropped my jo while pulling back in a sweeping motion. It kept me on the line with my partner and put me in the correct position for the next movement.

Pretty wild in my opinion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Matt,

Greeting from Malaysia. Just found your blog and I found it's very informative and interesting. I'm a new aikidoka (compared to your seniority) and have been training aikido for 4½ years. Please keep blogging. TQ

Azlan

 
ss_blog_claim=47e8ae8a68a01a9165039ec8589d7710