Social

Friday, December 18, 2009

Website Update!

Normally I like to keep my martial arts activities separate from my business, but this week I setup a websites for senior members of the ryu which I belong. Now I remember why I normally do mix my activities. After I coded out the website and updated the name server settings at Godaddy, my client (the senior members of my ryu) experienced severe email difficulties.

So, to make a long story short, if you are setting up a website on a previously registered domain name double check to make sure that no emails are connected to said domain before you update any settings. The results could be "unfortunate".


***Update,

I have made a bit of head way on this project and things seem to be moving along towards setting up a site with a new domain name. Consequently, I've also picked up work from another dojo member as well, so maybe I was initially wrong about mixing business with "dojo" business. We'll see.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=47e8ae8a68a01a9165039ec8589d7710